lol. no idea what you're talking about

Garmin products. I have the 550 pro. great collar. above your price point. can find a used astro. I had good service with Astros

https://www.gundogsupply.com/garmin-pro-550-plus.html

I won't hunt anymore without a gps. Its hard to find and train a good hunting dog. Worth a few extra hundred dollars for the life and safety of the dog

Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Don't need a tracker for sq. dog unless a combo dog you hunt on coon also. If it's ranging out far enough to want GPS, it will tree too far for you to get there before the sq. timbers out and finds a hole to get in. A cur good at winding layups will be 100 yards out one minute, wind one 250 yards out and be gone in a flash. You will be trotting to lots of slick trees that used to have a sq when the dog got there or still have one but it's on the inside where you can't see it. And the dog will be hard to tighten up on tree because you never shoot any sq. out to it. The cur knows there was a sq. there and doesn't learn confidence in you.

You need a shock collar with tone or vibrate to recall the dog. It will learn ranging out too far just means it has to run back further to check in. If you will be the one breaking the dog off trash, you want at least a mile range. Longer range isn't uncalled for. Range is line of sight, not through tree and ridges.

I just got a Dogtra Edge because it takes batteries I won't have trouble finding. Last Tritronics I bought had proprietary battery packs. Garmin declined to make them after they took over. Garmin has a habit of doing that to make people buy the latest thing. I would expect them to stop supporting older GPS stuff because they came out with a new one recently. Garmin does make the best GPS, though. So if you need or want tracking buy the latest thing to get the most life out of the product. $$$$!!!