Finding out who Paul Harvey was over the years took a lot of the shine off him for me. He was entertaining with his sing song broadcasts but his likes and beliefs were totally different from mine. He was a tree hugging animal worshiping gun grabber. He just loved Jimmy Carter and was a liberal.

Limbaugh was refreshing. I didn't agree with everything he said but he was always entertaining and had good insight as to what I believe. I loved how he shuffled the paper going through his "stack of stuff" a lot more if someone complained. He lifted up a lot of people along his way to becoming America's Greatest Anchorman. I was grateful to hear Kathryn, his wife after his death. I have a lot of empathy for her for I know from past experience what she must have gone through. Knowing what he himself went through and still kept his program on the air never complaining over the years was Phenomenal. He did his syndicated show for a long while being totally deaf.

It is sad to hear Dan Bongino take his place on WBAP but that's their call. I don't think anyone can take his place but I did like Mark Steyn a lot. I enjoyed hearing Walter Williams when he guested his show years ago. I liked Shaun Hannity years ago but if you've heard fifteen minutes of him you've heard a lifetime of him. His penchant for kowtowing to liberals put me off. I don't mind hearing Rush's remarks over again as they certainly are just as valid now as they were when he made them.

One thing is for sure, when he started he was The Only Voice in the Wilderness for Conservatives. He fathered a new movement that will not be destroyed because he spoke truth to government and politics. There is an Army of conservative talk show hosts now on air to carry on and that's his greatest legacy.