Originally Posted by Spearhead
[quote=Boomer454]I have no experience with the Leica, but with the Victory V8 2.8-20x56 and a variety of Swarovski Z6is and the Z8i 2-16x50.
Out of these, the Zeiss is easily my least favourite. It's a lot heavier than the Swarovskis, 8 ounces to be precise, and it cannot compete in terms of edge clarity and color contrast. The illumination unit on the Zeiss is also more awkward (to me, at least) since I have really gotten used to the day/night setting on the Swarovskis. Not to mention that 34mm stovepipe on the V8 which I just find plain unpleasant to look at.

Originally Posted by Boomer454
I have no experience with the Leica, but with the Victory V8 2.8-20x56 and a variety of Swarovski Z6is and the Z8i 2-16x50.
Thank you. Like I mentioned in my original post, I have and still use the older Zeiss diavari marked west Germany. I am leary of Zeiss now since they farmed out the original conquest to Meopta and one of the new scopes is made in Japan. I know Japanese glass is used a lot, it just is not the German Zeiss I used to know.

You do know that the Glass used in a Swaro and Zeiss as well as most top scopes comes from Schott which is owned by Zeiss? S&B has their own glass plant in Hungary.

Swaro makes fantastic binoculars , I own a 8x42 and 10x56 and they are the best. Their scopes not so much, I do not like their Exit pupil for one. I am down to one Swaro scope now a 2.4-12x50 and I can take it or leave it. The scopes from the German company that makes nothing but scopes are the best IMHO, that said my brother has a Leica Amplus and that appears to be a highly underrated scope.