My only .22 handguns right now are a handful of Ruger MK II's. I like them. A lot. But...you know how it goes...your eyes start to wander and you start thinking about something else. I looked at a bunch of different .22's and shot a few that friends had, but nothing really tripped my trigger. So I decided to go a more practical route. My EDC is currently a G19 so I went searching for a .22lr caliber conversion kit for it. Apparently, here in the ammo shortage, I'm not the first person to go looking for a .22lr conversion kit. It's slim pickings. Advantage Arms makes a good one, but finding one was pretty tough. But, I did manage to track one down and it arrived today with the afternoon mail.

It comes with a zippered canvas case with interior pockets.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In addition to the slide, it comes with a 10-round magazine (2 mags would have been better, but oh well), and a mag loader.

The sights are very Glock-ish, except the rear sight is adjustable. (I don't know why the rear sight looks crooked in this picture--it isn't in real life). They even provide a tiny screwdriver for the task.

The sights were pretty much zeroed right from the box. I was shooting Remington Golden Bullet ammo at 25ft so I really don't know the kit's true accuracy potential. Plus it was (1) me, (2) shooting iron sights (my eyes were laughing at me).

I used the mag loader a few times just to see how it worked, and it was pretty nice! Often, it can be a little tricky loading.22r mags that don't have the pull-down button to relieve the spring tension, because the rounds are so slim; it's hard to stay centered as you push down. The loader was pretty fast and slick.

Here are the first and last groups I shot:

Anyway, that's the range report from here.

Carry on!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.