Ken, I have just been thinking of the carbon fiber barrel and have not yet dedicated myself to such an idea as of the present. I sent Mike a PM a couple days ago and am waiting a reply. The problem is is that there are a lot of really good barrel makers out there and I need to make up my mind who's barrel to use. the carbon idea is not yet out of the running I have a couple ideas on scope mounting that I would like to bounce off of Mike.
What is the recoil like from the 220, I am interested if it is a sharp jolt or how it is precieved. I am wondering because one of my scope mounting ideas involves Weaver style scope mounts, two part, located on the barrel with locating pins in place of screws epoxyed into the barrel carbon wrap. then the mounts epoxyed to barrel. I believe two piece mounts could be more accuratly placed on the barrel as pressue to hold them in place while gluing them on would be consentrated on the area of the mount. the draw back is in this system less adhesive surface is avalible to absorb shock of recoil. That brings to mind does the barrel expand diameter when a round is fired if so the shearing action would eventually make the glue holding the scope bases fail. Better stop while I'm a head and wait for Mike's answer.

Jim

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual