I have the newer tactical version in 45 acp, Model 9545 I believe. I use the factory 10 round mags at the range, and keep a couple of 20 round Redballs close by. I removed the iron sights, including the removeable top half of the 3 inch tall front blade, and removed the lower plastic pic rail. Then I installed a Vortex Sparc II RDS with the tall spacer on the top rail. Then I put on a new longer bolt handle from MCarbo and that's it. The Sparc II works great, gives me a 2MOA dot which covers 4 inches at 50 yards (I know, the math doesn't work, but that's what it looks like). I can fill that hole with 45's offhand at 50 yds. The factory manual says wipe out the bore every 300-500 rounds, and strip it for cleaning every 3000 or so. I stripped it a couple of times using a you tube video and it was not difficult, just time consuming. It is my favorite plinker at the range, and my go-to 20 to 75 yard defensive perimeter defender. As you can tell, I really like this weapon. Two bads--if you don't have a stash of 45 acp's then its going to be mighty expensive to plink. Two, I fired it for effect at 100 yards and those old 230 gr cannonballs drop about 14 inches and the group opens up to about a foot. Thus, my view of it as a 20 to 75 yard gun only. finally, dont buy the MCarbo trigger spring or recoil guide--they don't work and the recoil guide causes the bolt to crack. MCarbo has recognized the problem and will buy back the guide from you on request. Enjoy.