Just got home, and I figured that I'd share some pics form our trip.

We flew into Buffalo, NY and spent some time at Niagara Falls. We'd never been there before, and the weather mostly sucked, but it was impressive none-the-less. We made sure to grab some chicken wings at the Anchor Bar, home of the original Buffalo Wings, while we were in the area.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Spent some time at the Ridgeway Rifle Club. It's an impressive facility with a 100yd rimfire silhouette range, a 200 yard rifle range, pistol range with 4 bays for simultaneous operation, a 1000 yard range. All that for $45 annual dues!

Dad and I spent some time shooting 200m chickens with his Hammerli collection (Dad made the scope mounts). The Diamondback was mostly just there for looks. She couldn't hang with Swiss watches, in the accuracy dept.

I didn't bring a rifle down with me, and Dad is mostly a shotgun shooter. We shot a lot of trap, skeet, and sporting clays during this trip, but next time I'll bring some of my rifles down, so we can do some long-range stuff. We did visit the 1000yd range during one of their monthly Varmint Benchrest Matches, though:

Here are the VBR targets. I don't know if you can read the distances in the photo, or not, but the crows are shot at 850 yards; the groundhogs at 900, bobcats at 950, and coyotes are shot at an even 1000 yards.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.