A few years ago, I sent some shotgun barrels to a smith renown in quality and reputation. Most of the work was just opening up the chokes. I would email and call and sometimes he would respond, sometimes not. The typical turn around for this individual is less than a month and he told me the same. Two years later, I got my barrels back...no discount. Personally, I was just glad to have the barrels back in my hands again. I never got nasty with the guy and I always spoke to him with respect and courtesy. Needless to say, he will not be getting my business again, but I don't think he was a scheister or a scam artist. Just a man who didnt deliver what was promised. I'm not saying that the same applies to your case, but you may have to wait. I've been told that if you want to request your gun back, to send a certified letter to the smith and ensure they sign for it. Take pictures of the letter and envelope and everything before you send it. Then you at least have some physical evidence if you would like to pursue the law enforcement route. I just hoped and prayed and eventually received my items back. All I'm saying is that I feel for you. If you're concerned that this individual may be scamming you, I would at least list his general location so that you can warn some of the local guys in PM (if you do not want to list his name publicly) and they can avoid using his services. Just my two cents...as I said, I feel for your predicament.