Different rifles shoots different loads the best, but for good accuracy I have always found H335, WW 748, 4895, 4064 and BL-C2 to be top pics. In my life I have owned about 15 different 308s and these powders gave me good to great results in them all. As of now I only own 2, and AR10 type I made myself and a Mossberg MVP.

For a 150 grain bullet I found the Hornady Flat Base Inner-Locks, the WW Power Points and the Nosler Partitions all to be good. I killed some elk with the Winchester bullets and found them to hold their weight far better then I expected. I recovered two and one weighed 131 grains and the other weighed 128 grains which is exceptionally good for a cup and core 150 grain 30 cal bullet.

For game up to about 300 pounds I don't think there is a lot of difference in the way the 3 of them kill and pernitrate, but on heavier game the Hornady is not as tough as the Partition or the Power Points (in my experience --- not just form the 308 but also from the 30-06) Most people will hunt deer and maybe hogs with their 308s so once you get an exit all the damage a bullet can do has been done, so nothing else really matters. The Hornady Spire Point is the one of the 3 that holds the lest weight, after expansion but still for most shots you get exits, so I would not hold back on hunting with them on any animal up to about 300 pounds.

In my 308s I found the Hornady RN to shoot the best groups but they don't make them anymore. Under 1/2" in my rifles.

The Hornady Spire Point is almost as accurate with some groups coming in at around 5/8"
The Partitions shoot about larger groups at .750" to 850" and the Power Points shoot the "worst" of the 3, but still in my guns they come in at about 1"to about 1-1/16", so clearly good enough for most hunting I would do with a 308 and a 150 grain bullet.

Last edited by szihn; 06/10/21.