My 2 cents based on personal experience.

Take 2 rifles. For a dream of a lifetime hunt should something happen to 1 rifle, you have to have a backup.

My guide recommended the .375 for an extended plains game hunt. He also recommended bringing a backup rifle preferably in .375 or alternatively a 30 06.

Instead, I had Match-Grade Arms build 2 Model 70's, one in 340 Weatherby and the other in 30 06. Both were scoped with Alpha Glass.

The 3-week hunt covering different areas in South Africa. Day number one after shooting a Bushbuck, the 340 Weatherby rifle was dropped from the Land Rover down the side of a rocky creek embankment by one of the crew. It destroyed the scope.
I had no open sights on either rifle which I'll never do again. Luckily, I had the back-up rifle at the camp but lost an afternoon hunt. FYI, I could have easily made that entire hunt with open sights. I always have quality backup iron sights on my hunting rifles now with QD scopes.

I ended up shooting 9 animals with that 30-06 using a 180 grain Nosler Partition and 56 grains of IMR 4350. I could not have asked more from a plains game rifle. One-shot kills, dead right there. We did recover one of the bullets in a Zebra which had been held back by the skin on the far side. The Nosler Partition was a textbook mushroom.

My next trip, taking the .375 and 30-06 which is my go-to global rifle battery from now on.

Super nice Sako .375 BTW, it is perfect for this hunt.