Good morning. Purchased a new upper from Davidsons and installed it on a Palmetto State Armory lower. I assembled it this morning (Bolt Carrier Group and charging handle and installed it on a new Lower (Palmetto Armory). I managed to sight it in and it is very accurate (using Hornady Factory 250 FTX), but the rifle failed to cycle every time. About 90% of the time it "stovepipes" the empty brass(sticks in ejection port at a 45-90degree angle). I also tried it without a magazine and it does the same thing. Also swapped out recoil buffers with this one: Leapers UTG H3 Hard Coat Recoil Buffer for AR15 Carbine RB-T6BFH3, but the results were the same.

The other 10% it fails to pick up a round from the mag. The only thing I can think of its either a gas issue, lack of lubrication, the gun needs to be broken in more (I fired a total of 22 rounds), OR the ejection port needs to be opened up which is of course beyond my capabilities. What do you guys think?

J

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”