[/quote]MD - if you had it to do again, Would you rather convert a CRF action ( such as WSM M70 or Kimber 8400) to the 9.3 BS ?

I’m currently on the lookout for a CZ550 in 9.3x62
[/quote]

338Rules,

Sorry I missed this one.

If I had to do the 9.3 B-S all over again, would do the same thing I did--partly because I already owned and a had hunted considerably with a CZ 550 9.3x62, which fed perfectly from day one. Eventually had it restocked, but that's another story--though will mention that after buying the CZ 9.3x62 in 2001, my custom FN Mauser .338 Winchester Magnum and semi-custom Mark X Mauser .375 H&H haven't seen much field time.

When Charlie Sisk built the first two 9.3 B-S rifles, he built his on a WSM M70 action--and in fact I took a big game animal with it before using my 700-actioned rifle in the field, probably because Charlie got his rifle done first. Back then he ran a shooting school for his customers every winter, and I took part in that--and as "payment" I got to take an animal on the ranch where we set up the school. Didn't bother flying down with one of my own rifles, since there would be plenty available, so used Charlie's Model 70 to take an axis buck, using his 286-grain Nosler Partition load, because due to using that bullet considerably in the 9.3x62, knew it wouldn't shoot up much (if any) of the delicious axis venison. It worked just like we expected it would--like a 9.3x62, dropping the buck right there at about 125 yards, with minimal meat damage. But after that I used either my 700 or CZ 9.3x62.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck