Originally Posted by MedRiver
I bought a CZ this year also in .17 Hornet. Had hoped for a varmint model but all I could round up was a sporter model. Thoroughly impressed with that little rifle and not upset that it has the smaller barrel. I am working through a few hundred rounds of factory ammo to ''make brass" but other then a few rounds to sight in most have been fired at gophers, rock chucks, etc. As long as the wind is mild it adds a good 100 yards to my .17 HMR.

I have an MGM .17 Hornet barrel coming for my contender also that is a bull barrel. I thought it might be nice to have two guns to rotate but it almost seems silly now as even the little CZ doesn't heat up much with the hornet.

The factory ammo in mine is as accurate or at least as accurate as my best handloads - I'm taking the factory ammo and use them on Prairie Dogs and cotton tails. Mine is the sporter model and I'm very happy with the accuracy!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally