Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Interesting. Most premium is higher in alcohol. I want to run regular! No corn involved! And I always thought diesel would be cheaper than gas because it was a biproduct of making gasoline. What is going on here? Be Well, RZ.

Don't know where you get "byproduct". I was a pipeline pump (800 hp stationary diesel engines) station operator for a couple years, one pipeline, several products, no pig between products, we would push one product with another. A petroleum lab guy was always on scene, and he would sample the product in the line and when the specific gravity (API gravity) got to a certain predetermined number, he would tell us and we would switch valves to divert the "new" product to the proper storage tank. In descending order of purity, Jet A and JP-4, diesel, Kerosene, #2 fuel burner oil, Avgas 115/145, and lastly gasoline 85. So diesel has the 2nd narrowest window of API gravity, hardly a byproduct.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.