Big Tex is hard to beat. PJ is good too. Get as wide as you can, 18 to 20 feet is a good length. I had a Big Tex 18’x76” and hauled a few cars on it, used it for years. Sold it in ‘19. Will be looking for another one soon, and will be after a 20 footer, probably a Big Tex 10CH-20.

Of course, what you are towing with matters, trailers get heavier as they get more capable, and no need to buy a trailer that can haul more than the truck will unless your think you will be buying a more capable truck in the near future.

Stay away from unknown brands unless you look them over really well. I picked up a little 6x12 utility trailer last year, and discovered after a bit that the safety chains, while up to spec as far as chain and hook strength, were merely spot welded in place. Had they been called upon to keep a loaded trailer attached to the truck, they would have failed, and the trailer would travel wherever it happened to go, the safety chains, left hanging from the truck hitch. I remedied the problem, but you should not have to on a new trailer. Trailer was a B/R brand, by the way. Bought it from an outfit over in Licking here in MO.

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 06/18/21.