Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Like has already been said the only reason to own a small gun is to carry concealed. Take a class to learn proper handgun fundamentals and with regular practice you can shoot any handgun effectively. I do own a G43 which I like OK but is only used in the backcountry to save weight. My EDC is a G19. which I wear aiwb summer and winter.

mike r
Why not just train harder and carry a full-size or the aforementioned G19?

My SIG P938 is very small, but it shoots nicely too. Maybe not as nice as my current "service-sized" Security 9, but it's pretty good. Seems like some smallish guns just don't recoil badly. Then there's the Kel Tec P9...

Not surprised that you didn't comprehend my post. To simplify, if you master the fundamentals you can shoot any hand gun competently. Small guns are for those willing to compromise which I will do in the backcountry to save weight. When around humans I maximize my potential.

you are welcome

mike r
lol Exactly what do you think I didn't understand? It seems more like you didn't understand my question. If you think a full-size or compact (Glock 19) is significantly better, wouldn't it be better to have that backpacking if there is no downside? If you can "train the downside out", why not do that rather than carry an inferior choice?