Yesterday I had a hunt that will never happen again (at least for me), I was hunting for Rock Chucks in one of my Honey Holes that I only visit once a year, I came over the rise where a lake normally appears and was stunned !!!!!! not a drop of open water.

I noticed a couple Rock Chucks on their normal rock in front of the dry lake bed, then scanning the area with my bino's and saw a crow chowing down on an old duck. very unusual for a crow not to fly off when you stop your truck but this is a very remote area.

motion caught my eye and I saw it was 2 coyotes !!!!!!!!!! I ranged it threw my gun up and shot the closest coyote, I searched for the second in my rifle scope and found nothing, switched back to my bino's and was surprised he had vanished, The crow was still there (dumbest crow ever), shot the crow then swung over and shot the biggest Rock Chuck all in about 30 seconds !!!!!!!!!!!!

All was not good though, in Utah at least this is the worst drought I have ever seen in my lifetime. not a drop of water anywhere so I left most of the Chucks alone and hope they make it through to next year