Hello All, first off, just got back from another fun, safe and successful safari with Kolobe safaris' My wife Rose took at White Rhino, son a Cape Buffalo bull and big Wilderbeast and I a Golden Wilderbeast and a large lion. However, booking and flying with Qatar Airlines was an issue. First let me say that Qatar Airlines is first rate and would gladly fly with them again, But the first leg off the flight from Denver to Dallas was a problem, it turns out we needed to deplane, get our luggage and rifles, yes our rifles, walk around the airport and check in again at Qatar airlines, Who knew, not I as they were all under Qatar. So as we arrived Joberg. SA we had no rifles and had to use the PH'S rifles. Which for gunfolks, is a pretty big frikken deal! Next after getting to Doha and having a nice long layover. A half hour before boarding customs/security came and got us and took us to their office. to make short, they kept our ammo because we didn't list it on some unkown form, possibly the declarations form, we didn't have time to agrue so we lost nearly a 1000.00 worth of ammo, .375 H+H, 404 Jefferies and 416 Rigby. So if anyone chooses this route, please check into these issues before leaving so you aren't put in that situation either, Good hunting.

Retired Deputy Sheriff, 30 years gunsmithing and grip making, full time stag grip maker for 22 years.