Originally Posted by djb
I was hesitant to pull the trigger on a $60 bottle of bourbon but had a chance to have a glass of this and Eagle Rare 10 at a restaurant. Wow! This is really good bourbon! My two current favorites are 4 Roses Single Barrel and WT Rare Breed; this is better and worth the extra $. WT 101 and Larceny are my favorite everyday choices but I am an anxious to see how the Old Forester 100 compares.

As an aside Eagle Rare was disappointing but I may have also been underwhelmed since the 1920 was so good. I personally don't see the fascination with Buffalo Trace other than the Pappy-light lineage.

Blanton’s also comes out the Buffalo trace distillery. It’s all about warehouse H man. One of the most unique ric houses used by a distillery. From an article I found
“What’s the big deal about warehouse H? Well, it’s four stories high and has a 15,000 barrel capacity. That’s not what makes it special. What makes it special is the fact that it is the only warehouse on the Buffalo Trace property which has a wooden frame with corrugated metal cladding on the outside walls instead of the regular brick you find in almost all of the older distilleries in Kentucky. Because of the metal covering, it allows the temperatures in the warehouse to fluctuate drastically.”

Last edited by 79S; 06/28/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.