In Dec my wonderful wife bought me a T/C Compass in 308 for Christmas because I had expressed a desire for a truck gun that I didn't have to worry about getting beat up. I had a Nikon 4x scope laying around that I put on it and spent the next couple of months rounding up loading components. I had never had a 308 so I needed everything except primers. Normally I do nearly all my shooting with a 7mm Mag and a 9.3x62 Mauser and most of that powder isn't suggested for the 308 so I had a time getting some Varget but did finally scrounge some up. Rounded up 4 or 5 different bullets and loaded up nearly 20 different loads to test at the range, I found the load:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
130 gr Barnes TTSX (I know I spelled Barnes wrong on the target), 44.3 grs of Varget and a Fed LR primer. That is a 100 yard group. I got one nearly as good with a Hornady 150 gr SP and 44.5 grs of Varget. Now to load up at least 50 of each and I'm ready to test the rifle on some whitetail does this fall.

Cheers Y'All

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!