Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
So... birds of a "deflaver" huh? LOL!

I'm enjoying my Friday Gibson as I type this. 3 oz of Gordon's, two Mezzetta pickled onions, and a bar spoon of the juice. Rocks in a chilled glass.

Forty minutes and counting though I am going to shake mine and it will be a martini with a Santa Barbara Olive Company olive.

We went to a nice place for dinner tonight. When the waiter asked my gin or vodka preference for my martini, I had to set him straight: a martini is made with quality gin and dry vermouth. Anything else is a “ martini-like drink” at best.

A martini is the quintessential cocktail. Simple, elegant, delicious, and guaranteed to make the world a better place. Never mind all this pretentious bullschit about “just dip the olive in vermouth “ or “ rinse the glass with vermouth” or “just pass the cork from the vermouth bottle over the glass.” Make it with 3 ounces of gin and a splash to a half ounce of vermouth, shake the sombitch till it’s good and cold, and pour it over at least one, better yet two (three if you’re hungry) really good really big olives. I love beer and wine, I love good whiskey and I love classic cocktails, properly made with quality ingredients. The martini, properly done, is the pinnacle.

Mathew 22: 37-39