[quote=abbydog]Try a pair of down booties, maybe a Alpaca wool sock underneath,

This if it gets too cold for my 1,000 gram Danners. The Danners don't have insulation over the sole so they act like a heat sink. I added alpaca felt inner soles over the Vietnam style mesh inner soles and this helps immensely.

The Black "Mouse Boots" worked better for me than the White "Bunny Boots" in extreme cold, down to 54 below.

The boot blankets just were too big and clumsy although they did work. The down booties with a chemical warmer were far better, quieter, and plenty warm. The Alpaca socks are surprisingly warm, some say 3-4x warmer than wool. If your hiking much bring a second pair to change into once you are on stand. Buffalo, Yak, and Musk Ox, wool are warmer still but really pricey.

If you have sweaty feet use both spray on antiperspirant and talcum powder. This makes a big difference.

If it is really cold I bring a sleeping bag or down blanket with me. With this I can stay comfortable into the single digits, probably much lower just haven't hunted in sub zero weather for a long time, (don't miss it at all). Down booties inside a sleeping bag are great, only problem is they are so comfortable I could doze off.