Originally Posted by Gibby
Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by Gibby
Originally Posted by Ky221
Before I considered paying 1200 for a Springfield I'd give Dan Wesson a look. Might be a couple hundred more depending on the model you choose but I think you would end up with a much better 1911. I'd even look at the used market if I had too. A new model Colt wouldn't even be considered. Unless
of course you needed it to double as a baby rattle.

Bill Wilson made me a couple "baby Rattles". They shoot great. I often laugh at people at gun shops that rattle 1911's. Then they talk. Even more funny.

Cool story......I've got one of those too......and it in fact does NOT rattle. Tight as a drum, as are my Dan Wessons, and my buddies Ed Brown. Shoot, my Glock doesn't even rattle. News for you though....Bill Wilson didn't make it for you.....probably never even laid eyes on the pistol or cares who you are lol.

Might wanna get those looked at sweetheart.

Im glad you can parrot Bill Wilson, you have a good memory.....I do too. I've watched his videos along with Vickers and Hackathorn and have heard all about the "slide to frame fit doesn't mean a thing" Maybe it doesn't , maybe it does and maybe not to you but it does to me. When I can buy a gun that doesn't rattle......well, that's the one I'm gonna buy. Sounds like you drank the kool-aid😂. You gonna let the Mercedes or Porsche rep salesman tell you not to worry about the rattle in the engine bay, the car is still fast? 😂😂😂

What's sad to me is people base a guess worth on accuracy alone. By that logic we should all be shooting Savage rifles. Every single Colt that I have ever picked up has had pretty bad fit and finish, was a rattle trap, had very mushy safeties, and pretty crude triggers including the last one I looked at which was a commander elite for 1400$. Again, that's Dan Wesson territory. No way in this world would I pay that when I get get better quality for the same money elsewhere.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Oh and here's the latest "rattle trap" it looks nice, but the gleaming qualities of the pistol stop right there.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

See what I mean. He's talking and I'm laughing. Ha!

Rattle on brother! They are both good guns. Contain your hate.

PS: I do like your fishing pictures of bass and Muskie. You can't be all bad.

There's no hate. Only the obvious. I like my Colt AR15, so I'm not anti colt......but thats about it. Maybe CZ will clean up the 1911s for them. Couldn't possibly be any worse. Never one time said a colt "wouldn't run" never one time said a colt "wouldn't shoot". I simply said they rattle more than any other 1911 I've used, the controls are mushy, and the fit and finish sucks. And that isn't opinion. That's a fact. But keep worshiping the little pony rollmark.......it's cute.