Just to say... Good Luck! + Be careful what you wish for... Lest you get it!

The very fact your pad "needs replacement", typical of the 'situation' and also definitely 'collector dilemma!' Were you even able to find an original "factory new" era pad, it would surely be 'hard as a brick'. Any mode beyond something akin to "white glove artifact" handling, likely to damage. I have several vintage Model 70 Supergrade rifles with almost surely factory original pads, all in 'relatively poor' condition. Either from perspective of appearance or utility-especially! There is no particular collector consensus concerning dealing with "collectible Winchesters" suffering this entirely foreseeable fait. I've elected to 'hold' and let another collector down the line deal with the situation. My rifles, discernably "original". But there is a 'point to fold' occurring at some stage of dilapidation! Each to their own personal-judgment 'folding' point. Then to purchase a new aftermarket replacement.

Unsolicited advice here, begging pardon. Yet 'situation common', not to lament too much. IF rifle isn't otherwise original, typically, no dilemma of 'collector conscience' whatsoever!

Good luck & my take!
John