It started leaking oil, and after a week it was bad enough that it would leave a pretty good puddle after only an hour or so sitting.

Turns out it was the gasket around the dipstick. Easy fix and I had the truck back in half a day.

While I was in there, I asked the service manager about any worries about the Superchips Tuner voiding the warranty. Basically he said that Ford was talking tough, but that they would have to go through the trouble and expense to do the required testing to PROVE that the tuner caused any failure before they could deny warranty coverage. The owner of the dealership told me the exact same thing.

I tend to believe them, as I know both of the guys really well (I shoot ducks with the owner, and hunt deer with the service manager). Still though, I think I might just quit using the tuner for a while until someone else can be the guinea pig. Apparently there are a lot of Superchips and Bullydog tuners in use, as they are backordered everywhere.

I'm up to 8,000 miles, and the mileage and power just keep getting better. I don't know if it is the new flash from the factory, the tuner, or just luck, but I can't tell that the regen cycle is going while driving until I stop and let it idle.