Originally Posted by MrClean
I see comments like Walmart destroyed the good ol' mom & pops,...,.,. DG.... etc

But in actuality, it wasn't them.... it was us SHOPPING at them. If everyone had kept shopping there then they'd still be around. There's a locally owned / run store out by me that I go to first. If they don't have it or can't get it by when I need it I'll go elsewhere. They aren't a 'grocery' store although they have quite a bit. I give em a chance.

Farmers Market fairly close as well. And meat/butcher shops as well.
I get very little from Kroger and the such.

Same w/ fuel, there's a locally owned non-franchise that I give my business to most of the time. Not always the cheapest but close enough for me. Locally owned hardware store around too (actually my son-in-law's dad that owns it). I hit him up before Lowes/Home Depot. But most won't do it.... most want sheer price and convenience. And then they bitch about China, Corporations, etc. Meh.

Same with Gun Shops. Had my FFL for over 30 years and turned it all in last year. Keep buying from Buds and other places..... Shops will close. Then when there are only 20 or so 'outlets' for guns.... how easy is THAT to take care of. Sorry, my conspiracy theory self kicked in. smile

I'll shop when I can with my local shops. Then if I HAVE to have it right THEN.... I'll hit wally world. But mostly use DG for sundries not at local shop.

I count all these locally owned places as blessings for me. Lotta folks don't have those options anymore. What a sad time

I like Vans. Bought a good bit over the years. He’s good a big reloading selection. Couple months ago he got in cases of h1000 and h4350.

The new place, 2gun tactical is geared more for the yuppie crowd, IMO. Prices high as giraffe puzzie.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz