Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, all good with the Protected Point version at 2400 fps Garandimal, i would suspect even the round nose version to be in the 2200 fps area at 100 yards, the 58gr starting load should put you in the 2150 fps range at the muzzle, that would work on anything walking imho.I haven't used that rifle on a thing but targets and shipping boxes stiffed with cow bones and Wifes glossy ladies magazines, soaked with water, the 320gr Woodleighs are pure wrecking balls Sir.

Having not used them specifically means nothing to me, having used Woodleigh bullets in the 2150 fps range on a lot of animals from deer/pigs to wildebeest/kudu i would have no concerns.

Oddly enough, my rifle doesn't recoil bad at all considering what's sent downrange, lower powder charge than 375 H&h and a good stock that fits is key here i believe.

Thanks, gunner.

Think a coupla boxes of the 320 gr. RN Weldcores are in my future.

Found a Varget load at ~ 2260 at the muzzle, puts 2200 right at 25 yds.

WesternPowders says Big Game can take it all the way up to 2375, puts the 2200 right at 75 yds.

A "wreckin' ball" is exactly what I'm lookin' for.

Much appreciated.

As for recoil - the Ruger African has a great stock... but a lightweight Bbl.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Great for the field, but may be a little on the "snappy" side w/ heavy loads.

Mostly been disassembling PPU loads at the range, to harvest the brass for reloading.

Also a few hogs as well.

That low velocity 285 gr. is just fine in the recoil dept.

GR

Man that'll work, what a beautiful rifle, didn't know Ruger made those, you'll be set from 5 to 200 yards easy with that load, accuracy should be through the roof good, bullet performance goes without saying.

Trump Won!