Have wanted a 1911 for some time now. No reason, other than I wanted it. When the local gun store finally got them in, decided it was time to pull the trigger per se. Went with the US Army version, which is supposedly the same as the WWII version. I am not a big pistol shooter so probably no vital insights in my review but did want to let folks know how I found it. Cleaned it up and put a full clip in. Would not load the first round. For some reason jamming up on the feed ramp. Tried it 3 times with the same results. Tried with just 6 in the mag and it worked like a charm. Loaded the rest of a 50 round box with 7 each and it worked like a charm. Hopefully will continue to do so. Gun is nice and tight and everything works as advertised. Used Blaser ammo, as that is what was available. It fits my hand well (better than my Beretta 92F) and recoil was noticeable but not bad. Easy to hold and aim and shoots groups just about the same as I do with the Beretta. Only issue, if you want to call it that, was the sights. Later and better sights are readily available but one of the charms of the gun for me, was it being an exact copy of the old army issue. Have no plans to change the sights and will be happy with it just as is. Probably run a few hundred rounds through it in the next few months and then it will live in the safe with my other pistols. Old eyes and shaky hands just do not allow the small groups I used to shoot, so do not do much with pistols any more. Will say, I am as happy with this gun as any I have bought in a long time. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a cheap, decent 45.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~