My favorites are the CZ Scouts, I have two 455s and one little 452. I shoot them in adult stocks, and they'll shoot just as well as my CZ 452 American. Maybe better (all with 3-9 scopes, for fair comparison). The 452 Scout is in it's original stock, it sure is handy for various things like shooting raccoons, it has whacked a whole bunch of them. It's just plain fun to fool with.The older 452s are somewhat shorter and lighter than the 455s, due to the threaded portion of all 455 Scout barrels, and the action is lighter because it's not a switch-barrel like all the 455s. They can accommodate .22 WMR and .17HMR, with a barrel change and swapping some magazine parts, that makes them a little heavier, though not enough to matter.

I've also got a couple other CZs with equally short barrels (16.25"), and they are just as good, including the autoloader (CZ 512), oddly enough. Those short barrels really, really shoot.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.