Not too surprised at your results Jim. Many years ago I used Winchester Power Points for my varmint rifles and at the range it would print .2-.3 groups all day long in my Win 52B. Super X was just a little bit behind but still respectable. Since then the Winchester ammo has been more than a little disappointing, to say the least. Good enough for close range squirrel shooting but that is about it...

In all my rimfires, ammo has always been the determining factor when it comes to shooting paper. I'm too cheap to buy expensive ammo but I do purchase mid priced ammo when it is available and it does make a huge difference in my groups... at the moment Eley Contact and SK Standard Plus are the best in all of my rifles and are quite a bit ahead of CCI Mini Mags, which are no slouch in most cases. I'm pretty sure I can pin point that to being supersonic ammo as opposed to the Standard velocity I seem to get the best groups with regardless of conditions...

For 10 shot groups and the conditions you were in I would say those are pretty respectable groups. I don't think most people realize how hard it is to shoot decent groups when you up the ante and shoot 10 in a group instead of 3 or 5 shots .... that is when you really get an idea of how you and your rifle work as a team.... IMO...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.