I have tried a bunch, but for whatever reason, the old Lee tool with the round tray worked best for me. But, they aren't available anymore. I haven't tried the FA tool. I tried the RCBS with the universal shellholder. Yuck.

I have a thought about the latest Lee hand priming tool. It appears that the primer adapter used in the hand tool is the same as the bench mounted one. I did a test in 2016 of Lee's new bench mounted priming tool and found a few things needed fixing. Since then, I got another with the improvements and they have got everything worked out.

You can see the 2020 update I posted here - 2020 Lee Priming Tool Update

Because changes were made, I would be willing to try the Lee Auto Prime.

I am still not a fan of their primer tray. It has three positions - ON -- LOCK -- OPEN. After loading the primers onto the tray and closing it, you put the switch in the middle "Lock" position so the primers do not fall out of the chute when attaching it to the tool. My tray doesn't keep the primers inside when on LOCK. I probably got a bad tray.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Repeating, the hand primer uses the same tray and adapter (the part the tray fits into) as the bench mounted tool. This was previously a problem - it jammed or double fed - but has been corrected. I use the bench mounted tool and have primed thousands of cases, since the improvements, without any seating problems.

For $30, I say go for the Lee tool.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]