She has been world champion for 5 years. She is 24 years old which is, strange but true, really old for this sport. Still she was picked to win gold. She has been training, four hours a day, for four years just for this event. Somehow she got a screw loose, maybe her boyfriend dumped her, maybe she is pregnant, maybe it is just the wacky female brain going sideways on her.
I like to watch the girl's gymnastics in the Olympics and Simone was a disaster this year. She did one flip where she landed on the edge of the mat, and then did the one hop, which is allowed, but she hopped right off of the matt. Egregious mistake! She did another flip where she staggered about 8 feet down the matt. You are allowed one little hop, but not an 8 foot stagger.

Her performance was a disaster. But I admire these gals the spins and flips they do are incredible. Also that is some dangerous stuff, flying around like that 12 feet above the matt, you screw up and land on your head and you are going to be paralyzed.

Her career is over, now she can go home and try to figure out how to spend the $6 million that she now has. And probably will still rack in a couple more million in the next year, she has contracts with 10 companies. I hope she will just put $1 million of her fortune into indexed stocks, and leave it there, that way, she will get about $125 K a year in profit from the stock market, and won't wind up broke in 3 years like most of these athletes.