Originally Posted by 79S
We went a dipnetting on the Kenai on Monday spent 2 1/2 hours on the river in a boat caught 40. We called it quits and got the ph uck out soldotna/Kenai.. The locals do not care for us down that way.

Not if'n you come down my road at 50 in a 15 zone to get to the fishing hole before all the fish are gone. I don't fish there either, even tho it's a 3 minute walk. I use a gill net and giterdone in June.

Originally Posted by stevelyn
We just drag out a gill net and in 10 minutes have enough for the year and to gift out.

Your fishing is better than mine, it seems. It takes me at least half a tide, sometimes up to two tides. This year just a single full tide. The Flying Fickle Finger For Fish Fate. smile

Dipnetting is fun tho - I usually save a few slots back on my PU license for that as I did this year. But I don't think I'm going - have enough fish, so why kill more for fun, just to give away. They can get their own, or not - I'm way busy!

Besides,Doc said I shouldn't stress the stitches for a few days - some minor skin surgery up on my collar bone, Guess It's pass this year.

Last edited by las; 07/28/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.