Originally Posted by shinbone
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
The only vertically split ring I would use are the ARC rings, and they are not a true vertically split ring, more of a hybrid. They are absolutely outstanding and I prefer them over all other rings I’ve tried.

John

https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/product/m10-scope-rings-7

What makes the ARC rings so good? To me, those two hinges just look like extra complication?

They align well, making for no stress on the scope tube.
They have plenty of surface area for a secure hold.
The reticle does not change angle as you tighten the top bolt. This is huge to me. Saves me from much frustration.
They are precise and repeatable. I have removed and reinstalled my scope on its base with virtually no change in POI.
They don’t appear to have any of the negatives of the vertically split rings that are split all the way through, which makes them the only vertically split ring I will use for now.

All that said, there are much less expensive rings that work very well, but the ARCs are my current favorite.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14