Originally Posted by houston1
I like the 143 grain eld-Xs just super hard to find right now and while I haven’t been able to find any I’ve been looking at other options and have thought maybe I can shoot somewhere in the 120 range and have better ballistics.

Ha ha. I understand the availability issue, but there's no way a 120gr bullet has better "ballistics" than the 143. Like lastround and many others here have proven, the 120 works on deer sized game. The beauty of the heavier pills in the creedmoor is they reach out there better with better terminal ballistics. You'll see that more with target shooters though, not necessarily deer hunters. The question is, how far out there are you planning on shooting them? I put in for a tag every once in a while and shots have been in the 600 to 700 yard range. Giving those distances, I'd be using something in the 139-147gr range. Out to 4-500, the 120 will work just fine.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA