Originally Posted by bruinruin
I recently saw a 3" used one wearing aftermarket rubber grips in a LGS. I thought it was a bit steeply priced at $600, but I have always had a bug for one and am thinking about seeing if it's still there this weekend. Until then, I'm hoping to get a few questions answered.

It appears that dies and supplies, (brass, bullets) have dried up, even for this seemingly niche cartridge and bullet diameter. Does anyone know of a source for components and dies, or does anyone here have any that's collecting dust?

I'm wondering about performance. I've cruised through my reloading books and have seen the numbers. It seems somewhat modest on performance based on bullet weight and velocity, but wonder if this might be one of those cartridges that performs bigger than its specs would indicate?

Related to the performance note, I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to ream the chambers out to handle the newer and hotter .327 Federal? I know that this revolver is available in .357 Magnum, so frame strength shouldn't be an issue, but the cylinder of the .357 is bored for 5 rounds, while the .32 and .327 are bored for 6, which leads me to wonder if there's enough wall thickness to handle the hotter .327 round?

Thanks in advance for any help in answering any or all questions.

Just buy the same gun in .327 Federal Magnum. If for some reason you can not get by w/o .32 H&R Magnum Charter Arms made or perhaps still makes seven shot revolver in this caliber.