Originally Posted by gnoahhh
It's not nylon. It's colloidal silica. You can buy it separately from mainly places.

I've used West System epoxy for many years. Thickened with colloidal silica and, if you prefer, some powdered metals, it's no different than any of the other epoxies sold as bedding compound.

The MSDS sheet I have from Brownell's does list Nylon as a component. They have to be updated every three years...the newer one doesn't list any individual components of the product.

Yep...fumed/colloidal silica is commonly used as a thickening agent in two part epoxies and I use it where applicable. Pro Bed includes it with their kits, as do others. Interestingly, Brownells advises against the addition of any "flocking agents" to AcraGlas.

Lots of products out there that work well. And many that shouldn't be used. If your taking a gun to a professional to be bedded, I would always advise using what they are familiar and comfortable with. cool

Good shootin'. -Al

P.S. I'm pulling a 'glue in' apart shortly...always interesting to see the approaches used with those. wink

Forbidden Zoner