Originally Posted by vapodog
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by vapodog
I'm considering a Ruger 77/22 in .22 Hornet. What's the opinion of these rifles.......accuracy and reliability!

I wouldn't. It's a gun I'd love to love but I've owned two, been burned twice, and I don't think a third try is in the cards. The chambers were at least SAAMI maximum and the factory ammo was SAAMI minimum or possibly less. I was getting a great deal of case thinning at the web and sometimes case head separations firing factory ammo. Even if they didn't separate in the chamber sometimes they'd separate in the FL die. None of my handloads with new brass would let me fire the case a 2nd time either.

I don't believe Ruger would have stood behind it and made it better. I suppose I could have, probably should have, gotten a gunsmith with a SAAMI minimum reamer that would have fit the ammo that was available and had him set the barrel back a couple turns and recut a clean chamber. Didn't. Instead I got out of .22 hornet and moved to the .221 Fireball in a 700 LVSF.
This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.....I wonder if anyone at Ruger reads these things?
!Thanks for the feedback.....

Ruger knows they suck at QC, and they have made a decision that it's best to let the customers figure out what's wrong and send the product back to them. They are normally pretty good at doing it right the second go round.