Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Boys, Jim is right about the money $ part of the equation of this clusterf’k.

Not just to each of the colleges and their athletic programs but to cities like Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, etc., etc.

Dr. Loren Scott ran some numbers a while back for the city of Baton Rouge when Les Miles and LSU were upon the national championship chase and how much money that brought into the greater Baton Rouge area outside of just the university and it was a phenomenal amount of money,,,hotels, restaurants, entertainment, etc.

There’s a lot riding on all this and how it’s gonna be handled. Right the NCAA and the SEC don’t know whether to scchitt or go blind.

I remember that article the difference in money from a winning season VS a losing season was enormous

Wished I could remember the amount cause I thought,,ya gotta be scchittin me. But professor Scott broke it all down and the numbers added up.

He did the same for Jimmy Swaggert Ministries after Swaggert’s downfall, the before and the after. When those numbers came out and the city fathers saw the differences, they all said, “ hell, he’s only a man can’t we all forgive him!”

LOL

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first