Hi guys! Not much traffic in this area lately it seems.

I had a Browning B-78 in 22-250 rem for about 5 years now, and just couldnt get excited to shoot it much. The 22-250 is a niche cartridge meant for small varmint sized game. I have always been a hunter, and prefer to have firearms chambered in cartridges that can be used more for shooting game animals. Just feels more practicle I suppose.

I got wind of a gunsmith in Southern Alberta by the name of Ron Smith. He is known to be able to rebore most barrels, and uses gain twist rifling.

So I made the plunge and sent my rifle to him. I wanted a 1:8” twist and the chambering was going to be in 7mm-08 Rem.

I just got the rifle back last night, and hope to have it together by the weekend to try out some loads!

When I sent Ron the barreled action the trigger was not the greatest, a bit spongy. I never requested a trigger job because I know they are a nightmare to work on even for experienced smiths! Plus I didnt want the added expense at this time.

When I put the stocks on the barreled action I notice the trigger was adjusted. It was a glass rod like breaking around 2.5-3 lbs! As good as it can get! Wowzers! What a bonus thing to do for a customer! He really knows his craft! I would have NEVER tackled that trigger! Lol!

These rifles all seem to have exhibition grade wood! Wonderful feathering and curls!

I will drop an update as soon as I get some groups on paper.