Originally Posted by powdr
Thinking about building one. Anyone shoot one Tell me about it. Loads, velocities etc. powdr

It's not a 358 WSM, but I've got a 375 WSM made by JES. I got it with a 20" barrel on a M70 classic WSM action. So far it's been fine, but I have had to neck ream newly necked up cases because they get a doughnut. First cartridge I've had to do that. It's got a very tight chamber - probably the bottom end of spec, but I've never cast it. Dies are CH4D - they were in stock, so that was easy. I had to spend some extra to expand my neck reaming setup though so it wasn't the cheapest thing to get into.

I'm going to have to see if I can modify a Lee .325 WSM factory crimp die. I don't want to pay $100 for a crimper from CH4D.

If I ever take it to Africa I'll have to get RCC to make some cases with the right headstamp.

Load data I just used QuickLoad and GRT and it was close enough not to blow anything up. RL16 for 300gr A-Frame and 300gr Cutting Edge safari solids. I get a little over 2500 ft/s with both.

I like the .375 bore much more than .358, but I suspect the practical aspects would be identical for a .358 WSM.

Last edited by Llama_Bob; 07/30/21.