Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Sheister
The biggest problem with Portland is the piss poor liberal leadership .... they have not only allowed the city to get to the point that homeless camps litter every section of the city these days, but their policies have done nothing but encourage the homeless population and haven't done a thing to help people get off the streets. Add Antifa/BLM into the mix and you have a recipe for a slum city in the making....

There are still parts of Portland that are beautiful and perfectly safe, but the areas where a lot of people who visit Portland would like to see are either run down from the political and terrorist turmoil land riots, or are at the end of roads leading into the city that are lined with homeless encampments, garbage, derelicts, and undesirables... not the kind of picture a city should want to put out to the world in any case.

I live about 15 miles outside of Portland and most of the urban areas around Portland are in great shape and keep the issues to a minimum. Our police forces are well supported by the community and we don't require citizen oversight of the police to maintain great communities. In fact, other than Portland, there are really no real problems to speak of in Oregon and most of the state is still as beautiful as ever- not counting the areas being consumed by wild fires these days..... having to defend our state because of a bunch of liberal a-holes who have let our leading city go to he!! in a handbasket has gotten old for sure....

Bob

I have not more than just passed through Portland on the Interstate in 10 years.

But I have been in Bend several times, Salem, Eugene, Sisters, and Newport enough to know that you are greatly exaggerating any good in the part of Oregon which is West of the East slope of the Cascades.

Harney and Malheur County are almost liveable, at least they were before the statewide legalization of pot.

It has only been six months since Oregon decriminalized Heroin, Meth, Cocain, Oxycodone, etc. That is surely bound to make the state a wonderful place for a young conservative to raise a family.

But hey, there's always a bright side. If your kids get into dope despite your best efforts, you will not be concerned with them going to prison or having a felony record.

I'm starting to agree with the members here who think you're an idiot. For a guy who passes through the state you seem to have a pretty nasty disposition of our state. Funny, I live a pretty full life here and don't have the problems you seem to assign to everything in this state.. I go to car shows (in Portland at PIR), I go to gunshows (in Portland at several different venues), I hang out in different places in our city and other cities that are urban to Portland, I even stay at the coast in Newport, Lincoln City, Netarts, and other places with no problems at all. Heck, tomorrow I'm going down to the mouth of the Columbia river to fish for salmon in the Buoy 10 fishery and don't expect any problems short of figuring out how to launch my boat and not getting run over by another boat in the river... by simply avoiding downtown Portland core, you avoid 99% of the problems in this state.

As far as the drug issues- I don't agree with the new rules, but the fact is people who use drugs are going to use drugs regardless of the laws- people who don't use drugs aren't automatically going to start doing drugs just because the laws were changed to avoid having to provide jail space and continuous treatment for drug users who are a continuous drag on society in any case....

Yes, there are lots of liberals in Salem, Bend, Sisters, and other places just like there are in Boise, Nampa, Sun Valley, and other places... it is just as easy to just avoid them as I do when loudmouths from Idaho start talking crap about things they don't understand. I'm sure you can find a cave somewhere to hide from the rest of the world and then you won't have to deal with everyone else in the world who doesn't meet your approval....

But hey, have a nice day anyway if that is possible...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.