There were a couple changes to the FS stocks, which are most noticeable on the 527 and 550 platforms (I believe the 452s went through some change too, but I’ve never personally handled the difference). With that said, the older style stock is thinner and, to me, superior. It handles much better and it isn’t as “clunky” as the newer ones. I really enjoy the FS platforms from CZ and think the older style stocks, and my personal form, align very well. With that said, my experience falls short on many other FS platforms. I’ve only ever been able to handle, not shoot, M70s, M77s, one Husqvarna, and an old BRNO. I would love to handle and shoot a Sako and an old Steyr!

I think I could find a lot of joy, and potentially even more “ideal fit”, from these others, but until our paths cross, I’ll keep shooting each of the FSs that I own. I enjoy every minute I get to take them shooting or hunting!

For reference:
“Newer Style” - Rounded type checkering with solid lines that run through checkering pattern and a solid butt pad. A serious palm swell was added, along with more wood in the bottom of the grip, forearm, and butt of the rifle. (Picture example pulled from Google.)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

“Old Style” - No solid lines through the simple checkering (no fancy curves for the sake of it), thin grip, no palm swell, thinner butt and forearm. Most of these came with the vented pad, but there was a transition phase that kept this style stock but moved to the solid pad. (Picture of a 9.3x62 that I let go of due to having a duplicate of the caliber and this one never got shot.)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]