Hi fourbore. Thanks for info! Pity about the stock situation! I've always wanted to put my '03 in an A3 stock with full handguard. It, already modified with aft barrel sight assembly removed, 'Lyman 48 receiver' installed. Original front sight base with 'gold bead' blade. Quality Bubba acquisition of long ago. As you describe, milled bottom metal, alterations required even for a finished correct stock! My woodworking skills... .More likely to hurt myself! smile Thanks for your good description and critique! A good reminder of project beyond skill/patience.

I also wouldn't want the aesthetics of the stock described regardless of other factors excepting perhaps untra-cheap price AND informed in advance! More than rude to purvey such a product with the defect you note! I'd have expected more from Sarco with at least general hint in such as "grading" heads up! That said, Likely the "returnability" deciding moment, prior to your decision to commit chisel to wood; stock inletting commenced! The 'knotty' matter, not exactly sounding the "hidden defect" only discovered in course of bedding activity! smile

Good luck and hope it all works out. IF you come up with a better reliable 'now' source of such product at reasonable price, kindly share! My only other 'qual' is minimum LOP of 13": longer better!

Best & Stay Covid Safe!
John

Last edited by iskra; 08/07/21.