Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by SCRooster
My 9 carbine loves 124 GDHPs and I get nearly 1400 fps out of a 16" barrel. That's very decent for a .35 caliber projectile with a bonded core that expands as well as GDHPs do at 1100 fps.

FYI, you may want to do some testing to see if 1400 fps is too much of a good thing. I got 1282 fps from standard pressure 124 grain GDHPs out of my Ruger PC Carbine compared to 1125 fps out of a Sig P365XL. I shot rounds from each through 1 gallon water jugs just to test expansion, and the one fired from the P365XL got into the third jug while the one fired from the carbine expanded so rapidly that it never got past the second jug. (I re-ran the carbine test and got the same result again.)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Apologies for the thread drift.

That actually sounds pretty good.
If the energy stays in the target, that's normally considered a good thing in self defense. The penetration through clothing, vitals and to the spine is about as good as a handgun caliber is capable of.

BTW, Thanks for publishing results here.
This is one worthwhile thing the Saturday night crowd is responding with. Half can't make a constant sentence on subject.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ons-are-poisonous-bioweapns#Post16320975

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/07/21.