Originally Posted by blindshooter
If the NRA fails completely would CMP pick up all match sanctioning? Classifications?

I can't compete any longer but the shooting sports still hold interest for me. Looks like anything that involves a heavy shooting coat is going away?

This is what made me think about CMP picking up sanctioning from NRA,
3x600

I just returned from Camp Perry. Overall attendance was down this year, and in my opinion it was caused by Covid and uncertainty if masks would be required on base. I think some people stayed away because CMP requires eye protection while shooting, scoring, or in the pits. The Presidents Hundred still had 836 entries and the National Trophy Individual Rifle match 792 entries with enough non-distinguished shooters for 51 legs. That is probably about a 20% decrease from 2019.

The NRA Championship is starting now. Across the Course is two weeks away but I am hearing around 70 entries. Sadly, NRA high power cannot continue the way it is being run. We have Regionals with more shooters.

On a personal note I shot terrible at the P-100, Leg Match, Hearst Doubles. Had some target puller/line official problems at the P-100 and let it ruin my day, 100% my fault for not controlling the situation and to let it continue to affect my shooting. Good learning experience.