Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by czech1022
I'm seriously looking at Tennessee - very good on 2A, no income tax, Republican government that hasn't changed in decades and very good home prices outside of the big cities. Crime is low in the small towns (only place I'd live btw) and from what I've read about availability and quality of medical care, it's very good.

I know nothing about hunting/fishing opportunities there.

I agree, but too far east, and you need to own, lease, or trespass to hunt.

This is true and probably seems odious to someone used to hunting good public land. However, if you can find a place to hunt you have seasons measured in months not days and generous bag limits compared to what you are used to. "Big Game" means whitetail deer and that is pretty much it. Plenty of places to fish but plenty of other fisherman to keep you company.

Not trying to sell you on the South, its full and I wouldn't mind getting out. My family has been in GA and SC since before the inception of the country and I have a lot of folks here. Only thing keeping me. I'd like to move to Alaska.....always been a daydream of mine. Bring on the brutal winters.......keeps the riffraff out....for the most part at least.

Upstate New York has almost zero negros. If it wasn't for the taxes and gun laws it would be a perfect place to live for 3/4's of the year. Alaska sounds good till you talk to old people that have lived there and can afford to spend the winter here in the SE.

Life is good live it while you can.