Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Back in the 80s the homos claimed 10% nationwide.
I didn't think that number was right.
I wonder if they poled the university/college students from other states and bimetuals for this poll?

In 93, during Billy Clinton's ascendency, I transferred to Fort Ord in my home State of California. I had to attend a mandatory newcomer briefing in which a local woman, representing the LGTBQXYZ told us that 10% of the population was homosexual and we'd better get used to it. I glanced around the room and saw terror in the eyes of a couple of young privates, probably country boys. The female lecturer was smug, looking very pleased with herself when I called out, "What? Are you kidding? Where did YOU get those numbers? There is now way that data is true." She huffed and stormed out of the classroom. The Briefing was dismissed, the young men looked relieved, and I was called into the 1st Sergeant's office for a counseling.

Missed opportunity. You'd have been a hero if you paused, looked around the room then said something like, 'from where I'm standing at least half of the people in this room are pickle smoochers!' wink