I've read enough to believe I know what the very best scopes available lately and presently are. I don't need a $3000 scope, though.

Over the last couple of years I decided to get more adventurous and try different optics, partly because I found that the complaints against lower-tier Leupold products for tracking issues to be valid and partly because I wanted to see what I was missing by sticking by Leupold as long as I did. Before I stop mentioning Leupold, I have to acknowledge the fact that optically their scopes are very good. In fact, they kind of spoiled me.

Currently I own a single Leupold, an older VX-II 1-4x, and I plan to keep it. Other than that, everything is now Weaver, Sightron, Bushnell, and one Tract.

The Busnell's are NItro 6-24s. I have found them usable in general on the range but haven't shot with them much so I have no strong opinion one way or another.

The Sightron's are a mixed bag. Some are SII 3-9x42s, and they are okay but I find the optical quality just a little short of my wishes. On the other hand, my SII BIg Sky scopes are fully satisfactory in 3.5-10x and 3-12x flavors.

Surprisingly enough, my Weavers are the ones I like the most. All are either Grand Slam or Super Slam varieties. The adjustments seem to be *right there* and optical quality does NOT disappoint. It's a real shame they aren't made anymore.

I'd have to say the Weaver Grand Slams and Super Slams are the most underrated scopes of the recent past...just my opinion, though.

What's yours?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.