Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
I recently got a set of the Mastercraft CXT's on my truck. They are a fairly aggressive tire, more MT than AT BUT the beautiful part about them is they are almost dead quiet on my 3500 and seem to be holding up really well since all I mostly do with that truck is pull a trailer of some sort. They have been excellent in mud and wet grass, they are siped and handle wet roads real well. I'll find out how they are in snow and ice soon, but I am thinking they'll be good. Mastercraft is a budget Cooper brand I believe as well, so their price is quite a bit better than a Toyo or Cooper tire. I like them so much on my truck I ordered another set for my Rubicon. I cannot wait to replace the Mickey Thompsons that are on it, they have been the worst tire in just about every condition I just mentioned. Anyhow, just wanted to throw out another idea for reasonable tires that seem to be a solid truck tire.

I was thinking of getting Mickey Thompsons, which of those tires do you have that you don't like?

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/light-truck-tires/baja-atz-p3

Those are the ones I have right now. They have lasted well mileage wise, but all else has been crap. It is what the Jeep came with when I bought it, and they looked real good, but they're loud, horrible in water, stink in snow. I have tried everything under the sun to alter tire pressure, ect, but nothing has really made them good. It's too bad since it looks like a great tire. Maybe I just got a crap set but I'd never take another chance on them.

Interesting. That is one of the tires I was interested in, but I wonder if Mickey Thompson is quitting them. They don't have many options on their website for that tire currently.